From this I learnt that
1. GRRM is the real-life Daenarys. He grew up poor but he knew their family wasn’t always poor and he often looked at a house that was once theirs.
2. We should thank his writer friend Phyllis Eisenstein. Without her, GoT will never have dragons.
3. GRRM is amazingly intelligent. He loves asking deep questions that are worth thinking about.
4. GRRM believes a good act doesn’t cancel out a bad one and vice versa. He thinks you cant make Woodrow Wilson, the racist USA ex-president who tried to end war, a hero or a villain. “He was both. And we’re all both.”
5. “Mortality is the inescapable truth of all life …and of all stories, too.” Valar morghulis.